No Cell Phones Allowed In Courthouse!
Grant County, IN
Can I plea not guilty to a traffic violation?
You have the right to plea guilty or not guilty. If you plead not guilty, you must contact the court before the court date. If you plead guilty, you may pay the fine by mail if the charge on the citation is listed below. If paying by mail, you must send a Money Order or Cashier's Check. We will NOT accept a Personal Check.

Make money orders or cashier's checks payable to:
Clerk, Grant County Superior Court III. 101 E 4th St Marion IN 46952.

Also sign your ticket on the back where it indicates defendant's signature. If paying by mail, please do so prior to your court appearance date, or your license will be suspended. If driving while suspended, you MUST appear in Court.
How do I apply for a marriage license?
Marriage license may be obtained in the Bookkeeping office in the basement of the Courthouse, just past the security check point, 1st door on the left. The application may be obtained Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (excluding holidays). A new feature now allows you to start the marriage application online by going to the website and following the online instructions. Be sure to bring with you the license key# that you will receive when doing your online application.
If under the age of 21, birth certificates must be presented as proof of age and a United States drivers license or an Indiana state ID card is required. If over the age of 21, a drivers license or Indiana state ID card is required. Applicants must appear in person,if you have been divorced, a copy of your divorce decree is required also.
If one of the applicants is a resident of Grant County, you can apply for a marriage license in the county you reside and will be allowed to marry anywhere in the state of Indiana. Non residents of Grant County, but residents of Indiana, can apply in the county that one of the applicants reside. If both applicants are not Indiana residents,they must apply in the county in Indiana where they are getting married.
The license is good for 60 days. Indiana residents will pay $18.00 and out of state residents will pay $60.00. Only cash or money orders will be accepted.
The Grant County Clerk's Office no longer performs marriage ceremonies.