No Cell Phones Allowed In Courthouse!
Grant County, IN
Courts FAQ
I have paperwork for Marion County. Is that court located in Marion?
No. Marion County is located in Indianapolis. The website for Marion County is located at

Please call the phone numbers indicated there for more information.
How did I get selected as a juror?
Previously, jurors were selected through voter registration records. The rules have changed, however, and now juror names are pulled from several different sources. For more details, please see the "Jury Duty in Indiana" link in our "Links of Interest" section.
How can I tell if my case is on the court's docket calendar for a specific day?
Go to the "Links of Interest" page (via the menu to the left on the Court's homepage) and click "My Case". You will be able to search be your case number, party, or attorney, and then locate your case. This will have information of everything that has occurred on your case. This information is obtained from the court's own records and is updated electronically multiple times throughout the day, so the information on the site is extremely current.
I have a ticket or a case in Marion City Court or Gas City Court. Can the Grant County Courts help me?
No. Gas City Court and Marion City Court are separate courts which are not administered by Grant County and are not located in the courthouse. 
Is Marion City Court located in the courthouse?
No it is not! Marion city Court is located at 301 S. Branson St. in downtown Marion. 

Is Gas City Court located in the courthouse?
No it is not! Gas City Court is located at 211 E. Main St. in Downtown Gas City. 

Can I speak directly with the judge about my case?
No. The Code of Judicial Conduct prohibits a judge from speaking to a party to a case on any matter relating to the case outside of the courtroom without all parties present. This is called an "ex parte" communication, and rules prohibiting it are to ensure that all parties have equal access to the judge.
Can court staff provide me with legal advice about my case?
No. The staff may not provide you with legal advice about your case. It is recommended that you consult an attorney regarding legal matters. Litigation in court is complex and untrained parties who proceed without legal counsel do so at their own peril. The judge and the court staff are required to remain impartial and may not favor any party in litigation with legal advice.
Can court staff recommend an attorney for me?
No. The Court does not recommend or refer to attorneys.

Check out the Pro-bono page for resources.

I have been called for jury duty. Am I required to show up?
Yes. The law requires you to respond to a jury summons. If you do not, you risk being found in contempt of court. However, cases which are set for trial often are settled at the last minute, so we strongly recommend that you call the court on the Friday prior to the Monday that you are to appear to see if the jury trial which you were called for is still scheduled. If you call after hours, a recording will tell you whether the trial is still scheduled. If the trial is canceled, you will be given further instructions on when to appear next.

If you are called in Circuit Court, further instructions may also be given on the home page of the Circuit Court website and the Circuit Court Facebook Page. Generally, if a trial is canceled, you will be summoned to appear at the next scheduled trial date.
Can the judge or court staff of one court assist me with cases in courts other than their own court?
No. We can only assist you with cases pending in the court that we are assigned to. To determine what court your case is pending in, look at the caption at the top of the paperwork for the case.

Superior Court 1 cases will indicate that it is in "Grant Superior Court 1" or will have a case number which begins "27D01".

Superior Court 2 cases will indicate that it is in "Grant Superior Court 2" or will have a case number which begins "27D02".

Superior Court 3 cases will indicate that it is in "Grant Superior Court 3" or will have a case number which begins "27D03".

Circuit Court cases will indicate that it is in "Grant Circuit Court" or will have a case number which begins "27C01".
What are the fees and/or court costs for filing a case in court?
The court staff does not handle monetary transactions involving court costs or fees, which vary according to case type. You should contact the Grant County Clerk at 668-8121 or review the fee schedule to determine the fees which are applicable to your case.

Where can I get court documents (such as a divorce decree?)
These documents can be accessed in the Clerk's office. 
Where do I find forms?
These documents can be accessed in the Clerk's office