The Area Plan Office will be closing at 3:00 P.M. on October 18, 2021 for the Solar Summit at the Fairgrounds.
If you have any questions please contact the office at 765-517-0262.
!!!Area Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals Meetings are now Virtual!!! As of August 1, 2021, APC and the BZA will be broadcasting their meetings virtually. If you would like to find out more tap here! If you need
to know when a meeting is or would like to know what is on the docket call the office between 8am to 4pm, Monday-Friday at 765-668-4765 and someone will be able to assist you.
Duties and Responsibilities
Grant County Area Plan is a multifaceted planning organization established under Indiana Area Planning law and includes:
Duties of the Office include but are not limited to:
- Provide support and information and manage meetings for the Area Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals
- Maintain zoning maps
- Enforce ordinances including the zoning and subdivision ordinances, as well as the ordinances for animal feeding operations,
wind energyconversions, and wireless facilities
- Maintain master and comprehensive plan
- Issue and maintain improvement location and building permits (The Cities of Marion and Gas City issue their own permits)
- Issue and maintain change of use and substitution applications
- Inspect projects associated with all permits issued according to current local and state building codes
- Inspect and enforce any violations to the zoning ordinance (i.e. building too close to property lines, illegal business, home occupations)
- Monitor and address unsafe housing situations in the county and enforce the Unsafe Building portion of the local ordinance
- Take petitions for re-zoning, subdivisions, variances and special exceptions