!!!EZ PERMIT!!! - CD-19 UPDATEDuring the next few weeks as Indiana and the nation grapple with the corona virus, Area Plan will make every effort to provide services to our contractors and residents. Please consider calling us and getting your permits by Tele-permit. Call directly into our office at 668-4765 and we should be able to accommodate most permits and payments over the phone. Where we can't we will work with you to make sure you can proceed with your project. AS THURSDAY, MARCH 26, 2020 AREA PLAN STAFF ARE AVAILABLE TO ASSIST YOU.
Most construction or property improvement/building addition projects in Grant County require Improvement Location Permits. We strive to make this process easy for you. Many permits we can take over the phone along with payment information. You can always stop by our office at 401 South Adams on the fourth floor between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. to apply for a permit (we are open until 4 p.m. but stop taking permit applications at 3 p.m.). Most of the time will be able to complete your permit while you wait. You can also print out the permit from the link below (or from the Forms section for a commercial permit) and complete it and scan it and email it to our office or fax it to our office (765-651-0892). It will be ready for pick up the next day. For electric and roof permits, there is no need to come into our office; we can take your payment over the phone and bring the permit to you on our first inspection. Follow the link below to get started on your permit now! Please read the instructions carefully and feel free to contact our office with any questions at 765-668-4765.
---->Please Click Here<----
Duties and Responsibilities
Grant County Area Plan is a multifaceted planning organization established under Indiana Area Planning law and includes:
Duties of the Office include but are not limited to:
- Provide support and information and manage meetings for the Area Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals
- Maintain zoning maps
- Enforce ordinances including the zoning and subdivision ordinances, as well as the ordinances for animal feeding operations, wind energy conversions, and wireless facilities
- Maintain master and comprehensive plan
- Issue and maintain improvement location and building permits (The Cities of Marion and Gas City issue their own permits)
- Issue and maintain change of use and substitution applications
- Inspect projects associated with all permits issued according to current local and state building codes
- Inspect and enforce any violations to the zoning ordinance (i.e. building too close to property lines, illegal business, home occupations)
- Monitor and address unsafe housing situations in the county and enforce the Unsafe Building portion of the local ordinance
- Take petitions for re-zoning, subdivisions, variances and special exceptions