!!!WE ARE BACK HOME!!!
Area Plan Commission and Board of Zoning and Appeals will be holding their meetings back in the Council Chambers at 401 S Adams Street. BZA will be held at 6pm and APC will be held at 7pm.
*If you have any questions call the office at 765-668-4765, Monday thru Friday from 8am to 4pm.*
!!!Proposed Solar Ordinance!!!
If you would like to obtain a copy of the proposed Solar Ordinance click here, or you can come into the office and receive a copy by the staff.
*If you have any questions you can call the Office Monday thru Friday from 8am to 4pm at 765-668-4765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. *
!!!Area Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals Meetings!!!
**Meetings will be held at the Grant County Complex in the Council Chambers located on the 1st Floor at 401 S. Adams Street, Marion***
- Next Meeting for BZA will be held on May 2, 2022, at 6pm.
- Next Meeting for APC will be held on May 2, 2022, at 7pm.
*APC and the BZA will be broadcasting their meetings virtually. If you would like to find out more tap here!
If you would like to know what is on the docket you can call the office between 8am to 4pm, Monday-Friday at 765-668-4765 and someone will be able to assist you.
**If you have missed a meeting, Solar or regular, and would like to review them then click here and you will be routed to our YouTube page.**
Duties and Responsibilities
Grant County Area Plan is a multifaceted planning organization established under Indiana Area Planning law and includes:
Duties of the Office include but are not limited to:
- Provide support and information and manage meetings for the Area Planning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals
- Maintain zoning maps
- Enforce ordinances including the zoning and subdivision ordinances, as well as the ordinances for animal feeding operations,
wind energyconversions, and wireless facilities
- Maintain master and comprehensive plan
- Issue and maintain improvement location and building permits (The Cities of Marion and Gas City issue their own permits)
- Issue and maintain change of use and substitution applications
- Inspect projects associated with all permits issued according to current local and state building codes
- Inspect and enforce any violations to the zoning ordinance (i.e. building too close to property lines, illegal business, home occupations)
- Monitor and address unsafe housing situations in the county and enforce the Unsafe Building portion of the local ordinance
- Take petitions for re-zoning, subdivisions, variances and special exceptions