What is the County SurveyorSec. 19
- The county surveyor is the technical authority on the construction, reconstruction, and maintenance of all regulated drains or proposed regulated drains in the county.
- They shall investigate, evaluate, and survey all regulated drains or proposed regulated drains, and prepare all reports, plan profiles, and specifications necessary to any proposed construction, reconstruction, or maintenance of regulated drains.
- They also shall prepare and make public standards of design, construction, and maintenance that will apply to all regulated drains and their appurtenances, taking into consideration in preparing these standards the published recommendations made by Purdue University, the American Society of Civil Engineers, the United States Department of Agriculture, the Department of Natural Resources, the United States Army Corps of Engineers, and other reliable sources of information.
- They shall supervise all construction, reconstruction, and maintenance work performed under this chapter, and catalog and maintain a record of all surveying notes, plans, profiles, and specifications of all regulated drains in the county, and of all mutual and private drains when available.
- 747 miles of Legal easement drains in Grant County.
- 135 drains currently under a maintenance program.
36-2-12-10 Maintenance of legal survey record book; procedure for establishing location of line; effect of location and establishment of lines; appeal.
36-2-12-11 Administration of section; maintenance of corner record book; contents of record; procedure for establishment and perpetuation of corners.