In honor of Capt. Cook's dedication and service, the Grant County Sheriff's Department and the International Union of Police Associations, Local 825, are proud to offer the Captain John M. Cook Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship offers $1,000.00 to a deserving Grant County high school senior who plans to further their education in a criminal justice related field at a college or university of their choice.
- Must be a high school senior in any Grant County Indiana school (public or private).
- Must have at least a 2.0 grade point average, on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent to a "C" grade average.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 or more credit hours) in a college/university.
- Must have taken the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT).
- Must be committed to pursuing an education and career in a law enforcement/criminal justice field.
To receive an application, please contact:
You can also request an application by writing to:
IUPA, Local 825
P.O. Box 254
Marion, IN 46952
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR PRIOR RECIPIENTS:
2010: DEVIN DODSON
2011: HANNAH KOCHANEK
2012: CURTIS KEESEE
2013: ALLI STAGGS
2014: LYNAI FOREMAN
2015: DILLON MOSIER
2016: MARISSA GUNNING